a matter of time is a travelling textile art exhibition curated by Brenda Gael Smith comprised of 32 works exploring the fourth dimension (time) in cloth.
The notion of time is intriguing and sometimes paradoxical. It is at once rigid and fluid, fleeting and interminable, tangible but elusive, and abundant yet scarce. Like spatial position, temporality is an intrinsic property of existence. How the ‘fourth dimension’ of time is observed, manifested and experienced is at the heart of this exhibition.
Brenda Gael Smith, curator
The exhibition tours next to:
- Gosford Regional Gallery, Gosford, New South Wales, Australia 18 February – 22 March 2017. Opening at 6.30pm on Friday, 17 February 2017. Curator floor talk at 10.30am, Friday 10 March 2017. Gallery hours 10am-4pm daily. All welcome!
- Coalface Art Gallery, Moranbah, 1-31 May 2017.
- Dysart Library Artspace, Dysart, Queensland: 1-30 June 2017
- Festival of Quilts, Birmingham, UK 10-13 August 2017.
- New Zealand National Quilt Symposium: 4-10 October 2017 at The Piano Centre for Music and the Arts.